DESCRIPTION: The Georgia Southern Online Master of Accounting (WebMAcc) program offers students maximum flexibility while preparing them for careers in the accounting profession as well as satisfying eligibility requirements for the CPA Exam.
The Georgia Southern School of Accountancy has received the prestigious accounting accreditation by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in addition to the College of Business Administration's business accreditation. Only 10% of accounting programs in the country receive this separate designation. Our accounting faculty members are highly regarded in the field and have a wide variety of background experience ranging from public practice in audit and tax, to industry, to the armed forces. In addition to being licensed CPAs, many faculty members have also earned their Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation and the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) distinction.
In today's market, master's degrees are becoming the minimum requirement for many accounting positions. Through our online graduate program, you can increase your growth potential and better position yourself for enhanced compensation and promotions while meeting the education requirements for your CPA license. We understand your busy lifestyle of balancing family and work and are committed to offering you the best education, at a reasonable cost, through an approach that is most convenient for you.
To be admitted into this program, a person must meet the following requirements:
- The Georgia Southern University graduate application is a web-based form that requires a $50 non-refundable application fee for submission. You can create an account and log-in to your online application as many times as necessary before submitting it. Include a valid email account in your application as Georgia Southern University uses email as the primary method of communication. Please mail any application materials such as transcripts, personal essay, and letters of recommendation, that are not included in the online application to Graduate Admissions. The Jack N. Averitt College of Graduate Studies P.O. Box 8008 Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA 30460
- Completed requirements for the Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a college accredited by the proper regional associations.
- Official copies of transcripts from ALL institutions that you have ever attended; this includes institutions you transferred from or did not complete classes with.
- All applicants are required to submit official GMAT test scores. Applicants may formally request that their GRE scores be used in place of GMAT scores, or that the GMAT be waived under special circumstances.
- If necessary, scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We require TOEFL scores of at least 79 internet-based, 213 computer-based or 550 paper-based.
- The School of Accountancy requires two letters of recommendation. References should speak to the applicant's personal qualities, career potential, and potential to succeed in the online learning environment. The committee prefers at least one letter of recommendation from a present or former employer that can address the applicants ability to handle the demands of work and academic study.
- A one page resume should be submitted.
- A one-page essay citing your reasons for obtaining a MAcc degree and your goals while in the program and beyond.
The Office of Admissions phone number is: 921-478-5391. The website for the Office of Admissions is: http://admissions.georgiasouthern.edu.
TRANSFER POLICIES: In addition to coming from a degree-granting, regionally accredited institution, the student must have received a grade of "B" or higher. Also, no credit that was earned over seven years prior to the projected or completion term of the degree the student is pursuing is eligible for consideration.
Credits are carefully evaluated by the respective schools/units to ensure comparability to Georgia Southern curricula. These policies are in place to ensure that Georgia Southern recruits academically prepared students capable of achieving success in the University's graduate programs.
TUITION AND FEES: Please see http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/bursar/tuitionandfees/main.htm for current tuition and fees.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS DEGREE:
Dr. Dwight Sneathen
Phone: (912) 478-0167