DESCRIPTION: The program is designed for candidates who hold a Professional Level Four Certificate or equivalent in Middle Grades Education with certification in one of the following concentration areas: Middle Grades Language Arts, Middle Grades Mathematics, Middle Grades Reading, Middle Grades Science, and Middle Grades Social Studies. The program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and meets the certificate upgrade requirements mandated by the Professional Standards Commission. This master's program is based upon the concept of developmentally appropriate practices and the value of diverse, intensive field experiences working with diverse student populations.
It is offered fully online and requires completion of a 36 hour program of study.
More information about this degree
- Complete requirements for a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess or be eligible for a Professional Level Four Certificate or equivalent in Middle Grades Education, with certification in one of the following concentration areas: Middle Grades Language Arts, Middle Grades Mathematics, Middle Grades Reading, Middle Grades Science, and Middle Grades Social Studies.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Present current official report from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) showing competitive scores.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant's reasons for pursuing graduate study and how
admission into the program relates to the applicant's professional aspirations.
- Submit a completed Disclosure and Affirmation Form that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics
for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn
grades of B or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be
converted to regular status.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: There are no on-campus attendance requirements for this program.
SPECIAL PROGRAM PREREQUISITES:
- Must successfully complete assessments identified at each program transition point.
TUITION AND FEES: Click HERE for the most recent "Online Programs" tuition information.
SPECIAL ENROLLMENT ISSUES: N/A
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS DEGREE:
Contact: Dr. Greg Chamblee