DESCRIPTION: You can prepare for a career or growth within your career in postsecondary administration through this M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration program. The program offers you the opportunity to satisfy course requirements on campus and via online instruction as either a part-time or full-time student. Through innovative instructional formats, you will explore historical and contemporary issues affecting the products and services of higher education. The Higher Education Administration program emphasizes course work in human development, research/evaluation, law/policy, finance/governance, and educational foundations/policy, as each relates to the nature and function of post-secondary institutional types. This M.Ed. will prepare you for a career with vocational/technical institutes, two-year and four-year colleges, comprehensive universities, and proprietary institutions.
- Complete requirements for a Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Present official report of scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Records Examination (GRE).
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 250 words, that identifies the applicants reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicants professional aspirations.
- Submit a completed Disclosure and Affirmation Form that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: No campus visits. All coursework and assignments can be completed online. There is an option to take some courses face to face if necessary.
A maximum of six hours can be transferred into the program. Hours that are allowed to be transferred into the program are dependent upon the approval of the academic advisor.
SPECIAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of a professional portfolio with the practicum course
- Must successfully complete assessments identified at each program transition point
SPECIAL PROGRAM PREREQUISITES: None.
TUITION AND FEES: Click HERE for the most recent tuition information.
SPECIAL ENROLLMENT ISSUES: None.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS DEGREE:
Contact the Graduate Academic Services Center